Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Detours

Being on the adventure of a lifetime doesn't always go as planned. We make out this map and we wanna stick to it and be all grown up, but we forget that God is the one who directs our steps.


Proverbs 20:24
New International Version (NIV)


 24 A person’s steps are directed by the LORD.
   How then can anyone understand their own way?



I'm on my way to Sydney, and I feel like my course has been redirected a thousand times. Therefore, it's like my emotions have been redirected a thousand times. Worried, anxious, confused, settled, content, confused, worried, anxious, settled, content, and on and on it goes.


Okay, it's not quite that dramatic. But anyways, I feel like in all of this, the Lord just wants to show me that no matter where the waves and wind toss me, He is the anchor of everything and he's actually steering this ship exactly where he wants it go. I always like to say he is constantly working behind the scenes, and he's definitely doing that in my situation.


These days are a whirlwind, but I'm overwhelmed at how constant his presence and reassurance and hand are just right here. He's brought me such peace and joy through all of this. I haven't even had a meltdown! HaHa!


Out of the other 7 billion people on this earth, he chose me for this adventure. And he'd planned this since the day I was born. Sometimes I can't believe this! It's incredible. I'm so grateful and in such adoration for my savior. He not only saved me from the depths of Hell, but also wants to give me heaven on earth?! An abundant life, yes!


And it's the same for you! No matter where the Lord is taking you in this new 2012 season, he wants to give you an abundant life. He made us for abundant lives (i.e. the Garden of Eden)! If you don't quite understand where you're going and your detour seems completely out of place, maybe you're exactly where he wants you to be.


Just trust. 



No comments:

Post a Comment