Monday, March 26, 2012

Month Two

Where in the world did month two go? Like I almost don't remember it! 


It was mainly due to Colour Conference for our women. Last weekend we had conference one with 12,000 women in the city and then this past weekend we had 4,000 women here in the convention center at Hillsong. Talk about a lot of estrogen! 


For the first conference, I served in Hillsong resource. I basically helped women check and buy resources from our church and the key speakers at the conference (Priscilla Shirers and Beth Moore!!!). I really tried to go into the first conference with the mindset of seeing the beauty in every women and knowing that no small task accomplished just a small purpose. Everything I did was a seed. And it was such a great experience!! Everything flowed so smoothy and the women really were delightful to serve and talk to.


Conference two was a whole other ball park. I actually wasn't required to serve and most first year girls sat in the sessions or watched them from the chapel, but I really wanted to serve again. I'd been telling my housemates that I really missed being with kids, and God totally gave me the opportunity to serve with kids! I was placed in the Ark, which is 3-4 year olds.


Oh, I loved it! It was exhausting, as children's ministry always is, but it was overwhelming being able to love on these kids. Each session, we had praise and worship and a lesson, and I just loved how the whole thing was centered around these kids having a God moment. The entire environment and setup and schedule was with the purpose of getting these kids to see Jesus. I was so blessed by these kids as much as I was serving them. One little girl named Talitha was raising her hands and closing her eyes so sincerely without anyone telling her. I could have cried right then and there because I know Jesus was speaking to her little heart.


Needless to say, I have such a huge heart for serving now. I believe in its effectiveness and I think it's huge for all believers to serve the body of Christ. It's the tool we can use to get what God has called us to do accomplished. Whatever is put in my hand, I will choose to go at it 100% and be diligent and serve with my whole heart.


As far as the rest of life, I've got to get some things together. Coming off the "conference high" mode has been kinda hard and I've definitely been pretty disorganized. The tiredness has led to a bombardment of feelings of homesickness and stress and all that jazz.


I'm having to choose peace. I can't just try and have it come in. I have to choose to ask Jesus for peace. It's not from anything I can muster up.


The newness has definitely worn off here. It's still incredible and every day I thank God I'm here, but I'm finally seeing that this is my life now. It's not a vacation. It's my adulthood. 


I feel lost half the time. But dad says that's kinda the rest of your life. There's so much unknown and uncertainty. Duh. But that's why God and his Word is so important. I'm just lost and incapable and a little girl without him. 


The rest of this year is going to be incredible. Not just for me, but for God and his kingdom. At the end of the day, I have to remember that it's just not about me. My feelings may be going haywire and I may feel lost, but God is still in control. When I ask him to come and have his way in my life, He will. Despite what I go through or feel, Jesus will get the glory and he will help me through it all. I trust him. 


I would like to ask for prayer for finances and a job. I'm starting to apply at jobs because I still need help with living expenses. God is provider and I will trust in his word, not in my bank account or worries. I'd also love prayer for just diligence in all that do, whether in work or practice or in my budget. 


For month three, I'm believing to dig my heels in and really start to have the discipline that my life is calling me to. I'm digging into God and into his word. I'm going to be diligent and faithful. 


God is good. That is all.


xx

2 comments:

  1. Your little blog is too sweet! I hope you are going great at Hilsong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Lydia. You have such a great attitude. It's hard sometimes to choose to believe, choose to trust, choose to have joy. I am such an emotional person. I feel things so deeply that I am constantly reminding myself not to go by how I feel, but to go by the truth of God's word. For example, I struggle with depression. So I have to choose joy every day. I am not a morning person, so the devil tries to overwhelm me in the mornings. I FEEEL down in the mornings, so I have to choose joy, turn on some happy music, remind myself of the truth of God's word...that I have joy. It takes me a few minutes some days longer than others, but before you know it my feelings catch up to my choice and I am on top again.

    I'm glad I found your blog. Now I can keep up with you and how you are doing. Hang in there! God has an awesome plan for your life and I can't wait to see what he has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete