Monday, March 12, 2012

Glimpses

Sometimes I get glimpses of that woman. 


She's the woman that God has called and created me to be from the very beginning. The woman that doesn't agree with the girl of her youth. She is different. She is more.


I feel like God has lately been giving me those glimpses of that woman as I've been in worship, ministering to people, or even just sitting in my closet talking to him.


But this isn't just overwhelming, it's terrifying. I feel like God is preparing me to go to war for him. He's using me in his military strategy. As dramatic or even masculine as that that seems, several times he's told me that I'm going to be a weapon in his hand for the kingdom. But that means going where no one else wants to go. That means danger and risk. That means coming against the arrows and attacks of the enemy.


How in the world can I be that woman? I don't feel very brave. How do I protect? How can I be that strong?


Thank the Lord that it's not I who lives any more. I'm not the spirit or the strength or the intelligence or courage. I'm just the vessel. The vessel used for his glory. 


And as long as I know it's the Spirit of the living, faithful, mighty, conquering, creator God that is working through me and not myself.... well, bring it on, Devil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment