Monday, January 28, 2013

The Next Three Days

Wow, this week is here. 

This week is the week where I'm going to be figuring out whether I'm started my second year at college or not. The facts and figures don't make it any less unpredictable than when I started Christmas break.


Just to be real, I haven't been able to save anywhere near what I thought I would save over the break for tuition. Through different circumstances, I ended up moving a few different times in the past two months, which brought along unexpected expense that really drained a lot of my savings (accompanying with my living expenses).


So, the way the figures look, I don't have enough money to start my second year. But I'm crazy enough to see beyond those figures and I'm actually expecting God to turn up in the next three days to provide.


The revelation I had over the break was that if I'm doing my second year at Hillsong College, it would truly be for God alone and because it's essential for fulfilling HIS call on my life. Having great, divine friendships and an exciting life in Australia and leading worship just isn't enough for me to justify staying here. I know God will provide those things wherever I go. But if God is calling me here for another year to build on the foundation he's already been laying for me to be most useful and effective for my small part in His plan for humanity, then I'm going to stay.


I completely feel as if I'm in the eye of the storm. My surroundings are completely crazy and unstable and unpredictable, yet all I feel is peace. The peace that surpasses my understanding. But one thing God really spoke to me at Summerfest, our young adults summercamp, over the weekend was that the ground I stand on is rock-solid. I'm not going to fall or go to the wayside. Whatever the answer and wherever I end up in this next season, I know God is in control. And I trust him more than I have ever before.


Psalm 62:1-2 (The Message)

God, the one and only—
    I’ll wait as long as he says.
Everything I need comes from him,
    so why not?
He’s solid rock under my feet,
    breathing room for my soul,
An impregnable castle:
    I’m set for life.


A few weeks ago, I really felt God lay on my heart that I was going to be sponsored for my tuition for this next year. I don't know how this is going to happen, but I'm just going to trust that if God said it, he'll come through. I've sent out my letters, I've made a site for donations, and now I really think God wants me to rest. I don't have to get desperate or anxious, I only need to trust. 


So sponsor, if you're out there, I'm totally ready for God to use you to do a miracle in my life right now. Just go on ahead :)


My last revelation is this: the greatest thing I know God has called me to before anything else is to just build and love his church. And whatever season I'm in and wherever he's placed me, I know I'll be able to do just that. In a sense, I never lose. When I'm open and willing to doing whatever God needs me to do to forward his beautiful plan of redeeming the world who he so relentlessly loves, I'll always be where he needs me to be.


Regardless to say, I'm so excited for this next season. This year is my year of Zion. Of building his kingdom, loving his church, and seeing the lost saved. Knowing his love and sharing his love is all I want. When he is my goal and my peace, everything else fades in comparison.


~

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul."

~


Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers over the past few months. God is so faithful and so good and I know through your prayers he has blessed and strengthened me more than I could have been on my own. I am so blessed to have such incredible people surrounding me and supporting me on my journey of life.

If you would like to sponsor me or donate, you can just visit this website that makes it too easy to give: http://youcansend.me/lydiagrider/


xx
L

No comments:

Post a Comment